We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the applicable Australian Privacy Principles under that Act and any other applicable privacy laws when handling personal information. We take the protection of your personal information seriously.
- You are not required to provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with all the information we request, the services we provide to you may be affected.
- The types of personal information we collect may include:
- your name, address, phone number, email address and related contact information;
- information about the goods or services ordered, acquired or supplied;
- information from inquiries made and records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries; and
- payment information, such as credit card details.
- We collect personal information for the purpose of:
- enabling us to keep records about dealings with unitholders;
- meeting our reporting obligations;
- administering service agreements, joint venture agreements or other transactions entered into with us and for associated reporting purposes;
- communicating with you by various means;
- the general management and conduct of our business; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
- direct marketing
- We may also use personal information for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you.
- We may collect personal information from you when you communicate with us (either by email, telephone, in writing or in person) or when you access our website.
- We may also collect information using 'cookies' on our Website for the purposes of:
- operating an efficient online service;
- tracking the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website; and
- providing a tailored experience to visitors to the Website, including advertisements.
Although you can usually modify your browser to prevent cookie use, if you do this, our Website may not work properly for you.
Use and disclosure
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose) unless you have consented to that other purpose or we are permitted to do so by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, and to others in order to comply with our legal obligations. The organisations to whom we typically disclose this information include organisations contracted to provide services to us (such as organisations who may operate and manage the website from time to time on our behalf). These related companies may also be domiciled overseas.
- In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us:
- using your personal information for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about services and offers that we think may be of interest to you; and
- disclosing your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes in order for these third parties to tell you about services and offers that they think may be of interest to you.
- We (or third parties) may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our (or their) services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence or disclosure of your information to third parties. For example, you may choose to 'unsubscribe' from receiving future electronic communications from us at any time.
Integrity of personal information
- We will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, and that the personal information we use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant (having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure). To assist us, please ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- If we hold personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
Storage and security of personal information
- We take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure and from misuse, interference and loss. Any personal information that is collected electronically is protected by technical and procedural safeguards.
Access to and correction of personal information
- You can request, and we will provide you with access to, any personal information we hold about you (subject to certain legal exceptions). If a legal exception applies and we decide not to provide you with access to that personal information, we will advise you of the reasons for our decision.
- You will not be charged for making a request for your personal information. However, we may charge a fee to provide your information to cover administrative costs (including for supervised inspection). We will inform you of any fee at the time your request is made.
- If we are satisfied that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or irrelevant (having regard to the purpose for which it is held) we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to correct that personal information. This may include notifying third parties to whom we have disclosed that personal information. If we do not agree that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or not relevant you may ask that we attach a statement to this effect to our record.
- Please let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling personal information so we can address them. We will review any complaints and respond to them within a reasonable period of time.
- If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concern or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). To make a query concerning your privacy rights, or to lodge a complaint with the OAIC about how we have handled personal information, you can contact the OAIC on 1300 363 992 or go to oaic.gov.au. The OAIC have the power to investigate the matter and also to take certain other action.
Other organisations' websites
goFARM Asset Management Pty Ltd ACN 625 505 455
address: 89 Cubitt Street, Cremorne VIC 3121
phone: +61 (3) 9046 1998
Effective date: 29 June 2018